Thursday, January 6, 2011

Theme Week I- Sympathy for the Devil

So, as part of my efforts to continue writing, I'm going to try to come up with a theme for the week and write about it.

I should say that while I do continue this blog, I do like to keep writing short stories (which I have yet to work on, but I'm set to begin on one tonight) and I thought about how much media has impacted my characters and I guess I feel like I should make some acknowledgements.

In every story there is a hero. And for every hero, there must be a villain. Personally, I often find the villain more intriguing than the hero (which may or may not be a whole slew of psychological issues- you be the judge) and as such has impacted my writing. I do very much like to write people who are more...altruistically challenged, shall we say. This week, I'm going to consider villains in media who have personally impacted me and my writing. Now, this being said, given that I write short stories, it is harder to get into the complexities of a villain and her/his neuroses over the course of a few pages, but that is also something that I'm going to hopefully overcome.

Anyways, if you are interested in reading, shoot me a message and we'll have to hook you up. The first villain related post should be up some time later tonight. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment