Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 3- Revelations and Rubber Courts

So, I didn't really sleep for the morning like I thought. I did, however, get to find two open computers will always be free to use in the business building. So, there was some exploring.

Lunch at the cafeteria was nice. For 2000W (about $2) you get roughly a 16 or so inch tray of pure good. There's a section for rice alone and then the cafeteria ladies put on various forms of potatoes and cabbage (kimchi- pickled cabbage is a famous dish of Korea) which by the time the whole thing is said and done is about 3 lbs of food. Yes, you read that correctly. Three.

Afterwards, I hopped on my computer and had a bit of an interesting conversation with someone important to me. Without getting into the matter, she basically called me out on something that I had been refusing to deal with and out of indifference allow certain things to happen. Please don't speculate on the subject matter. Unfortunately, I lost my internet connection right as we were getting into the matter and had to reboot my computer (it's how it works, don't ask) while she (according to the AIM messages sent after I had rebooted) thought I had disconnected because I was angry (which seemed plausible as it was a sensitive subject matter, though I have no aversion to discussion controvesial matters) even though I was not.

Her words rang true and it really got me thinking. What is is about our own personal weaknesses that let us conciously make a wrong decision over and over again, knowing full well that it's not healthy? Is it a sign of weakness of character(perhaps in my case)? Or is any personal weakness or shortcoming either bad or good (to quote Hamlet) but does thinking make it so?

While I can boarder on moral relativist at times, I am full well aware of my mistakes in the past and know where they will lead. I guess the only thing to do is figure out how to fix myself. If I know that I'm predisposed to a certain behavior when put in a certain group of individual(s), what should I do? Continue to go into the group and make the same mistakes over and over again? Or cut it off? Sure, it'd be painful at first, but maybe better in the long run? I'm speaking cryptically, but that's ok for now. It's just food for thought and I find myself biting into the idea of cutting off what bothers me.

These thoughts swam in my head like goldfish as I played basketball with some of the other students. I've never been good at basketball and while today was no exception, I enjoyed the feeling of comradery that I experienced. The court was weird though, made out of some kind of rubber. This decrease in friction wasn't helped by some rain from the previous night still being on the court. It provided a rather interesting hazard and more than one person went down to it.

So, I'm feeling somewhat tired. Perhaps I should nap for a bit before dinner and then hopefully reconnect with the aforementioned person so that she didn't get the wrong impression of losing my connection.

-Reven

2 comments:

  1. With a freeze ray you can stop the pain. Not a death ray or an ice beam that’s all..... ummmm me?

    On another note... It is interesting that it is possible to get good food in a cafeteria. what a concept...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speculating, speculating, speculating...

    ReplyDelete