Monday, June 21, 2010

"Rut Row Raggy...."

So, I opened my email this morning, as is my usual custom. Nothing out of the ordinary at first. But upon reading further I found that I had somehow neglected to fill out/send in forms for Hanyang that applied to my HOUSING and PICK UP AT THE AIRPORT. I had received basically the "This is your last warning" of reminders and those two things are basically of the utmost importance. My jaw hit the floor.

To make this statement make sense, I must clarify that when I am hit with some incredibly unfortunately news, I do not swear or curse. No, words are only used when I have time or mental capacity to be upset. Instead, in these situations, I usually groan or make some kind of noise that barely registers as human.

A sound emanated from the back of my throat like a musk ox being put through a garlic press.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Yeah, had everything else in order for this trip *except* for two of the most important things. Go figure. After apologizing profusely to both the woman who sent me the "This is your last chance!" email and forwarding the appropriate forms to the project director, I can only hope that everyhing will work out. If not...ho boy. In any event, I have faith that it'll work and that I'm not the first stupid kid to forget to send in the forms past their deadlines.

Minor heart attacks aside, everything else seems to be all in line for my trip: I've got my passport, some school supplies, clothes (though not packed), a phone that works in Asia (thank you, you know who you are!) and a general inventory of what to bring. I'll probably list my inventory later on today or whenever I pack it, just so you have an idea of what I'm bringing over and what I may neglect to bring (as that will probably come up).

Short post, yes, but an important one. Now, pardon me while I breath into a paper bag to calm myself down...in...and out....and in....and out...whew...

-Reven

No comments:

Post a Comment